Sportsbooks.com is pleased to offer a wide variety of tournament formats and games available to you 24 hours a day! In addition to being a fun and exciting way to gain a greater all-round poker experience, tournaments are also a powerful way to build your bankroll and get a great return on a minimal investment. In a tournament, as opposed to a live ring-game, the most money one can risk is the buy-in for that tournament. All players start with the same amount of chips and play continues until one player has won all the chips. Tournament chips have no cash value. Tournaments are available in all the poker games we offer; Hold’em, Omaha, Omaha Hi-Lo, Stud and Stud Hi-Lo.
We offer Multi-table, Sit & Go, Bounty and Heads-up tournaments in various Freeze-out, Re-buy and Shoot-out formats. We also offer satellite tournaments to gain entry into much bigger events and freerolls that cost nothing to enter. Scroll down the page to read more about the different tournaments available.
Guaranteed poker tournaments carry a minimum guaranteed prize pool regardless of the number of players that buy-in. You’ll find a variety of Guaranteed tournaments ranging in buy-ins and guaranteed levels running daily here at Sportsbooks.com. Check the tournament lobby (Tournament >> Scheduled >> All) for dates, times and full details. Here’s a few of our more popular Guaranteed tournaments.
Sunday Big Ticket - $100,000 Guaranteed
Sunday @ 15:00 (ET)
Buy-in + Fee = $109 or VIP point buy-in = 10,900
The Sunday $215 - $25,000 Guaranteed
Sunday @ 13:00 (ET)
Buy-in + Fee = $215 or VIP point buy-in = 21,500
Probably the most satisfying tournament here at Sportsbooks.com. When you knock another player out of the tournament you’ll collect the cash bounty on that player’s head. So not only do you rake a huge pot but you’re getting paid cash to ‘felt’ a fellow competitor.
In a Bounty tournament, a percentage of the prize pool will be taken out and used as a bounty on the heads of each player. The overall prize payout structure remains the same. As you eliminate players from a tournament you’ll collect that player’s bounty.
Regardless of your tournament placing, you can still make a profit on bounties. For example, in a $2 buy-in tournament, $1 will contribute to the prize pool, and $1 will be paid to the bounty field. Every player has a $1 price on their head, so simply eliminate two players and you have already made your buy-in back, with only profit to come!
Bounty tournament will be available with many different prize structures. The bounty prize pool can be customized, anywhere from 10% of the buy-in to a full 100%! Simply check out our tournament listings in the Sportsbooks.com lobby to see the prize pool structure for any one of our upcoming tournaments.
Shoot Out Tournaments
Unlike a normal multi-table tournament where tables are balanced by moving players aroun, shoot out tournaments will play each table down to a set number of players in each round until there is a final table remaining.
A simple example is a Shootout tournament with 100 entrants. Ten tables with ten players each will begin the tournament for round one. A certain number of players from each table will progress to round two (the number will change depending on the tournament). In our example, the top three players from each table will advance, meaning a total of 30 players remain. Round two will begin with three tables of ten, and again the top three players of each table will progress to the next round, with nine players battling it out at the final table!
Shootouts are definitely exciting but require a different strategy then regular MTT’s.
Shootout Payout Structure
Number of Players
|1 to 2||3 to 8||9 to 32||33 to 64||65 to 128||128+|
Final Table uses Standard Tournament Payout based on number of players at final table.
Percentage of Total Prize Pool paid to each round ¹
No. of Rounds
¹ When this structure is applied, only rounds 1,2 and 3 will received the guaranteed payouts shown in this table. The final 10% of the winnings will contribute to the payout for the rest of the tournament (round 4 and any subsequent rounds) and will be paid out using the existing MTT payout structure shown here: Standard Tournament Payout
$10+$1, 100 Players, 10 Player tables, 3 Players Advancing
Number of Rounds is 3, total prize pool $1000
$10+$1, 240 Players, 6 Player tables, 2 Players Advancing
Number of Rounds is 5, total prize pool $2400
* No payouts for this table as it now uses a standard MTT payout,which pays 50/30/20 for 10 players.
We host several FREE tournaments throughout the day that feature varying cash prize pools. Please check out our tournament lobby for full details.
Exclusive VIP Freerolls
Each VIP tier offers a private freeroll for all players in that tier. To find out what your tier has to offer, visit our VIP Rewards.
For more information on VIP tiers, visit our VIP section
To see your current VIP tier, login to your player admin and view "VIP Status"
New player freeroll
We also host a new player daily freeroll. Make your first deposit here at Sportsbooks.com and you’ll automatically receive a ticket to enter one of these daily freerolls that carry a $500 prize pool
Sit and Go tournaments are usually single table tournaments, but can also be multitable. Sit and Go tournaments have a specific buy-in and entry fee amount, which then forms the prize pool. This is split up by the winners, generally amongst the top 3, following a payout schedule.
This table shows the standard payouts for multi-table tournaments run here at Sportsbooks.com. The left column shows the finishing place, while the column headers displays the amount of entries (players) in the tournament. For example, if you finish in 9th place in a tournament with 250 people, you would be paid 2% of the total prize pool.
|1-9||10- 29||30- 49||50- 99||100- 199||200- 299||300- 399||400- 499||500- 749||750+|
* We reserve the right to change tournament payouts and/or the schedule at any time without notice.
Live Event Satellites
Live Seat Terms & Conditions:
- These terms and conditions are relevant to any live seat a tournament (the Live Event) to which Sportsbooks.com is offering satellite entry, unless there is a terms and conditions document specifically for that Live Event.
- Unless otherwise stated, all Live Seat Satellites which award seats to Live Events will be No Limit Holdem.
- All entrants must be 18 years of age to participate in Live Seat Satellites, unless the seat awarded is to a Live Event based in the United States.
- Unless otherwise stated, all entrants must be 21 years of age to participate in Live Seat Satellites, which award live seats to events based in the United States.
- By participating in a satellite or promotion where a live seat is awarded on Sportsbooks.com, you grant Sportsbooks.com the right to use your name and likeness for promotional purposes without further compensation.
- By participating in any live seat satellite on Sportsbooks.com, you agree to wear clothing with the Sportsbooks.com logo (provided by Sportsbooks.com) throughout the live event.
- You may be required to sign a waiver for the hosting venue (such as a casino or card room) and may be required to sign a waiver for a media sponsor (such as the World Poker Tour). If you choose not to sign those waivers, you will not be permitted to play in the Live Event and no compensation or refund from Sportsbooks.com.
- During Live Events, Sportsbooks.com players will be required to follow all tournament rules (as determined and enforced by the host venue). Sportsbooks.com will not provide any refunds or compensation if you are penalized or disqualified.
- Live seat prize packages are non-transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash. If the winner of a seat to a Live Event cannot accept or make use of the package, for whatever reason, the package shall be awarded to the next highest place finisher or Sportsbooks.com management shall decide the outcome at their sole discretion. Sportsbooks.com management's decision is final and not liable to legal action of any kind.
- If the winner of a seat to a Live Event wins additional seats, they may not be sold or transferred. Your Sportsbooks.com account will be credited with the equivalent to the buyin and entry fee of the Live Seat Satellite.
- Should an ineligible player win a live seat, the next eligible player will be awarded the package. Sportsbooks.com shall in no way liable for any injuries, losses, damages or expenses suffered or incurred by the winner of a Live Seat as a direct or indirect result of accepting the Live Seat package.
- By participating in Live Seat Satellites you agree that it is your responsibility to redeem the corresponding Live Seat Final entry coupon by the announced date. Failure to do so, will result in the coupon being expired without any further compensation or refund to be provided by Sportsbooks.com.
- Sportsbooks.com cannot advise on the tax position of winners, as this can vary between governing jurisdictions. If the winning's are taxable in a player's jurisdiction, the player is solely responsible to account for and report all winnings to the appropriate authorities.
- The person whose name appears on the Sportsbooks.com account which wins a Live Seat will be deemed to be the person who played and won the satellite, and that person must attend and play in the Live Event.
- Sportsbooks.com reserves the right to make changes and/or alterations to any or all the conditions (entry requirements) for live seat tournaments at any time, without notice. We recommend you visit these live seat tournament pages regularly. Through continued use of this of this site and its products/services, you accept any modifications to our promotions, including dates, times and entry requirements. In case of any disputes regarding any terms or conditions of this promotion, the decision of Sportsbooks.com's management is final.
Multi-Table Tournaments (MTT) Leaderboard
Sit' n' Go Leaderboard
Poker Payout Structure
Disconnection / Cancellation Policy
Poker Room Promotions
$650.00 Poker Welcome Bonus
$100,000.00 Race To Riches
$20,000.00 Poker Tournament King
Poker School - Poker 101
How to Play Poker
Poker Software Features
Poker Hand Rankings
Poker Terms Glossary